POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Eye Logo Final? (~34kau) : Re: Eye Logo Final? (~34kau) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 16:28:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eye Logo Final? (~34kau)
From: TonyB
Date: 10 May 2000 17:56:57
Message: <3919db29@news.povray.org>
>Version 4 that is. Please keep numbering the versions clearly. That makes
it
>easier for people to say what they think is better and worse compared to
>other versions... :-)

OK, OK.

>That is good I think.

Excellent.

>I have compared this version and version 2 closely and I think you should
>move the pupil up again and make it smaller like it was in version 2. The
>centering doesn't look nice.

Thinking it over, I must agree. The previous assymetry added a little
character.

>The thin end of the edge is slightly thinner in this version.
>It makes the logo unbalanced I think.
>I think it was better in version 2.

Unbalanced? Could it be that you see it like that because you saw version 2?
I'll try a value in between both, to see how that works.

>I think it is too bright. It makes the logo unbalanced.
>Try something in between this version and version 2.

Alright... <mumble> this is what I get for listening to Chris Huff...
<grumble>

>I don't mind that.

Excellent.

>The phong highlight is tighter in this version.
>I liked it better in version 2. But now I'm nit-picking!

The only difference is the eye, and the camera location. Maybe that's what
you're thinking about.

>The eye is slightly wider (or more closed) in this version. I think that is
>good.

No it isn't. The outer shape hasn't changed at all. I think you're being
fooled by the camera or colors, or something...

>You made several different versions this time. 2 different black and white
>versions, a 2D color version and a 3D color version. I think that is good.

Excellent.

>We could say that the only thing that has to be the same in all the
versions
>is the outline.

That's the idea.

>That way we could make versions with different colors too.
>One version could have the colored gradient, while another could have 2
>colors only, like in version 1. What do you think of this?

I'm hip with that. I like it with the blue colors, myself. :)